Table of Contents
- Our Personal Injury Lawyers Are Dedicated to Wisconsin Accident Victims
- Get VIP Service From Our Attorneys Today
- Accident Cases Hausmann-McNally, S.C., Pursues in Wisconsin
- Potential Compensation in Wisconsin Personal Injury Claims
- Let’s Start Well Ahead of Wisconsin Personal Injury Claim Deadlines
- Contact Our Wisconsin Personal Injury Lawyers Today
Wisconsin Personal Injury Lawyers
After someone has been seriously injured in an accident, such as car crash, truck wreck or a slip and fall, they’ll require legal help as well as medical care to recover. Insurance settlements are supposed to help accent victims recover financially from the costs and losses associated with accidents. However, insurance companies put up many obstacles between the injured and the claim settlements they deserve.
At Hausmann-McNally, S.C., our legal team works to help accident victims in Wisconsin overcome insurance company obstacles. We only represent the injured, and fight to recover maximum compensation for them after personal injury accidents.
Hausmann-McNally, S.C., is a large, experienced personal injury law firm that provides turnkey personal injury claim services from offices in Milwaukee and Appleton, WI. Our team will work to ensure you have the medical care you need as we build a solid case for your claim, work to identify all insurance coverage applicable to your accident, file all necessary paperwork, and steadfastly press insurers to do what’s right through negotiated settlements or court action.
At our Wisconsin personal injury law firm, we treat our clients like VIPs. That means we strive to provide special attention, high-quality service, and the best experience.
Contact Hausmann-McNally, S.C., today for dedicated personal injury claim services from a legal team that treats you with the compassion and respect you deserve. As you concentrate on recovery and your family’s needs, we’ll deal with insurers, creditors and others who are interested only in what your accident means to their bottom lines.
Our practice is all about helping people like you obtain fair and proper financial settlements for personal injuries.
No Cost, No Fee, VIP Guarantee: If you are not satisfied with how we are handling your personal injury case within the first 30 days of hiring our firm, you may take your file from our office and you will owe us nothing with no questions asked.
Get VIP Service
From Our Attorneys Today!
Our Personal Injury Lawyers Are Dedicated to Wisconsin Accident Victims
After a serious accident, those who have been injured may be hospitalized and out of work for an extended period. Many accident victims do not fully recover, and find that their life will never be the same. The overwhelming costs of medical care are compounded by lost income, as well as pain and suffering.
Hausmann-McNally, S.C., helps accident victims recover financially. We pursue insurance payments as provided by Wisconsin personal injury and insurance law to ensure that, at the least, our clients do not have to worry about how their bills will be paid.
After our legal team thoroughly investigates a client’s accident, we present a claim and our justification for it to insurance companies that have issued applicable coverage to parties responsible for the accident.
If we cannot negotiate acceptable settlements with insurers, we file personal injury lawsuits on behalf of our clients. These legal claims name the individuals and organizations responsible for our clients’ accident and injuries, but proceeds are paid by insurance companies in almost all cases.
As lawsuits move forward and we gather additional information about the accident, we remain open to negotiations with insurers.
We work to identify all available compensation for our clients, account for all their expenses and losses, and seek the largest possible settlement for them, whether through negotiation or jury award.
Equally important to us is that we pursue your claim with as little burden on you as possible.
As a Hausmann-McNally, S.C., client, you can count on us to handle every aspect of your case right from the start. Members of our skilled personal injury team will:
- Begin work with you in a free, no-obligation initial consultation about your accident and legal options. We can meet with you in any of four Wisconsin offices or, if it’s better for you, at your home, hospital room, office or elsewhere.
- After a car accident, immediately dispatch an investigator to locate your vehicle and get started on your property damage claim.
- Obtain vehicle damage repair estimates as required by auto insurers, and schedule repairs.
- Work to obtain any report of your accident filed by police or private organizations (commercial property owners, private security, etc.).
- Identify all insurance coverage and potential sources of compensation applicable to your accident.
- Help you obtain medical records pertaining to your accident, and maintain them for you so that we have full evidence of your injuries, medical care, recovery and costs.
- Consult with doctors and medical specialists to obtain objective expert opinions of your injuries and prospects for recovery.
- Consult life care planning professionals to identify future medical treatment and care needs due to disability, and their associated costs.
- Fully investigate your accident to determine cause and responsibility, including interviewing witnesses and collecting a variety of physical and digital evidence.
- Consult with forensic specialists, as needed, to re-create accidents and explain significant evidence that explains your accident.
- Prepare a solidly supported and persuasive case that enables us to aggressively negotiate for maximum compensation to you, or to prevail in court if necessary.
- Treat you and your family with the respect and compassion you deserve, while addressing your concerns and keeping you fully abreast of the status of your claim.
- Respond to your phone calls and emails the same day they are received, seven days a week.
- Serve as your representative to insurers, creditors and other parties connected to your accident and address their questions and concerns on your behalf.
- Fully explain any settlement offers received, provide our best advice, and leave any decisions about accepting or rejecting a settlement offer fully up to you.
The Hausmann-McNally, S.C., team works as efficiently as possible, but does not rush to settle claims and move on to the next case. We work with consultants, like accident reconstruction specialists and life care planners, when a case will benefit from that additional information. We do not run up expenses that aren’t needed.
Our Wisconsin personal injury attorneys are committed to developing solid cases that explain your accident and injuries, identifying legally responsible parties, and accounting for all that’s necessary to make you financially whole. Then we fight hard to recover all of the compensation you deserve.
Accident Cases Hausmann-McNally, S.C., Pursues in Wisconsin
Wisconsin residents who have been seriously injured or lost a loved one in an accident can seek dedicated, experienced legal assistance from Hausmann-McNally, S.C. The personal injury cases we pursue are due to:
- Unsafe Property Injuries (slip-and-fall claims, security issues, etc.)
- Dog Bites
- Burn Injuries
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Industrial Accidents
- Wrongful Death
Your initial legal consultation with Hausmann-McNally, S.C., to discuss a potential personal injury claim is absolutely free, no matter what comes of it. If you engage our firm to represent you, we will not charge you a fee unless we obtain compensation for you.
Potential Compensation in Wisconsin Personal Injury Claims
After suffering a serious injury in an accident, you should consult an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible. It is particularly important to not sign papers of any kind offered by an insurance company, even your own insurance carrier, unless an attorney working for you advises you to. You could sign away your rights to compensation you deserve.
Insurance adjusters have a legal duty to their employers to settle claims for as little as possible. An adjuster’s initial settlement offer after a serious accident is sure to be too low.
Personal injury claims handled by Hausmann-McNally, S.C., account for and seek full compensation from insurers for accident victims’ costs and losses.
Wisconsin personal injury claims may seek compensation for:
- Medical costs, including past payments and projected expenses for future treatment and care
- Lost income, which in cases of disabling injuries should include future losses due to reduced earning capacity
- Property damage, such as to a vehicle, bicycle or other property
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Wisconsin makes additional damages (compensation) potentially available in special cases, such as for dog bites or mauling. When the party responsible for an accident has acted with flagrant misconduct, the plaintiff (injured party) may seek additional “punitive damages.”
Noneconomic damages, such as for pain and suffering, are subjective and are awarded at the discretion of a jury or as part of a negotiated settlement. When a serious injury leaves a young or previously healthy and active individual disabled or disfigured, noneconomic damages may be substantial.
However, under Wisconsin’s contributory negligence law, if the plaintiff bears any blame for the accident or injury, the amount of compensation they may recover will be reduced by a matching percentage (e.g., 20%, 30%, etc.). If a jury decides the plaintiff is more at fault that the other party(s) in the accident (51% or more), the plaintiff becomes ineligible for compensation.
Your Hausmann-McNally, S.C., attorneys would work to mitigate the impact of any fault you may have for the accident that injured you, whether before a jury or in settlement negotiations. We would forcefully counter any exaggerated or false statements made to cast blame upon you.
Let’s Start Well Ahead of Wisconsin Personal Injury Claim Deadlines
Gathering evidence to build a personal injury case can be complex and time-consuming. However, Wisconsin statutes of limitations on personal injury claims impose time constraints for filing claims, which start upon the date of injury in most cases.
From the date of injury, Wisconsin imposes time limits of:
- 3 years for filing general personal injury claims
- 1 year for a claim under a fire insurance policy
- 180 days for claims against state-employed physicians
- 120 days for claims against Wisconsin cities, counties or schools
Like many laws, Wisconsin statutes of limitations have multiple caveats that may affect your case. It is best to contact a personal injury attorney ASAP if you have been seriously injured in an accident. Our attorneys can immediately begin investigating your losses and how you should be compensated for them.
Contact Our Wisconsin Personal Injury Lawyers Today
If you or a loved one has suffered a serious personal injury in an accident in Wisconsin, Hausmann-McNally, S.C., can handle the legal issues required for you to obtain a proper insurance payment. We’ll fight to secure your financial future while you focus on your health and recovery.
Hausmann-McNally, S.C., is a full-service personal injury law firm serving residents of Wisconsin and other Midwestern states. We have fully staffed offices in Milwaukee and Appleton, and a team of 16 personal injury lawyers assisted by a skilled staff of investigators, damage specialists, paralegals and legal secretaries.
For more than 40 years, Hausmann-McNally, S.C. has successfully prosecuted all types of personal injury cases on behalf of clients and recovered millions of dollars for deserving individuals and families. Contact us today for a free, no-obligation initial discussion of the legal options available to you. Remember, Hausmann-McNally, S.C., will not charge you unless and until we recover compensation for you.