Table of Contents
- How Our Ohio Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After an Accident
- Get VIP Service From Our Attorneys Today
- Accidents & Injuries Hausmann-McNally, S.C., Can Help With in Ohio
- Compensation Available in Ohio Personal Injury Claims
- Statutes of Limitations and Ohio Personal Injury Claims
- Our Ohio Personal Injury Claim Team Can Help Today
Ohio Personal Injury Lawyers
Have you or someone you love suffered serious injuries in an accident in Ohio that was someone else’s fault? Count on Hausmann-McNally, S.C., for full-service legal representation intent on seeing you obtain the maximum insurance compensation for your losses.
People who have been badly injured car and truck crashes, slip-and-fall accidents and other personal injury incidents may seek restitution for medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering, and more. This requires fighting insurance companies intent on limiting payouts to the injured in favor of increasing their profits.
The skilled legal practitioners of Hausmann-McNally, S.C., in Ohio can handle every aspect of your legal claim, from making sure you have proper medical care, to locating all insurance coverage applicable to your claim, and steadfastly pressing insurers to do what’s right by you, whether in settlement negotiations or in court.
Contact Hausmann-McNally, S.C., in any of our five Ohio locations — Columbus, Cleveland, Dayton, Toledo and Cincinnati — for dedicated attention to your personal injury claim today. Our legal team will treat you with the respect and compassion you deserve, and enable you to concentrate on recovery and your family’s needs. Our concern is helping you to seek a full financial settlement for your accident, injuries and other losses.
No Cost, No Fee, VIP Guarantee: If you are not satisfied with how we are handling your personal injury case within the first 30 days of hiring our firm, you may take your file from our office and you will owe us nothing with no questions asked.
Get VIP Service
From Our Attorneys Today!
How Our Ohio Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After an Accident
A serious accident that leaves a person hospitalized can quickly become a financial nightmare. The impact of the injury itself can be life-changing, but the cost of medical care, as well as the additional financial and personal losses associated with a serious and/or disabling medical condition, can compound the devastation.
Hausmann-McNally, S.C., assists accident victims with the financial aspects of their recovery from serious personal injuries. We pursue insurance payments for accident victims as allowed by Ohio personal injury and insurance law.
As your personal injury attorneys, we would:
- Thoroughly investigate the accident you were involved in to identify what happened and the legal responsibilities (liability) of each party involved.
- Identify all insurance policies applicable to your accident, such as automotive and commercial/business liability policies, homeowners’ insurance, health care and disability insurance,and uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage.
- Present claims to any insurance companies that have provided coverage applicable to your accident and injuries, and initiate talks for settlement payments to you.
- When an acceptable settlement is not available through negotiations, file a lawsuit against the individual or organization responsible for your accident and injuries.
It must be understood that, while individuals or companies are named as defendants in lawsuits, proceeds from almost all legal claims are paid through insurance. People buy insurance to protect themselves from the financial consequences of accidents like yours. A person who has been badly injured should not shrink from the prospect of suing a neighbor, acquaintance, colleague, local business owner, etc., whose negligence or mistake has caused them significant harm.
As a lawsuit moves forward, we have the opportunity to gather additional information from parties to the suit, which may allow us to reopen negotiations with insurers and settle the claim. If not, our investigation will have yielded a solid case to present to judge and jury.
The primary objective of our legal work for injured clients is to identify all available insurance coverage, account for all expenses and losses, and obtain the maximum compensation possible.
Our second and equally important objective is to conclude your case with as little burden on you as possible. Hausmann-McNally, S.C., will handle every aspect of your case right from the start.
In addition to the legal work as outlined above, you can count on members of our personal injury claim team to:
- Provide a free, no-obligation initial consultation about your accident and legal options. We can meet with you in any of our five Ohio offices, or at your home, hospital room, office, etc., as suits you.
- Treat you and your family with respect and compassion.
- Prepare and file paperwork as required to initiate claims with your insurers, and follow up as necessary, such as to obtain vehicle repair estimates.
- Request copies of accident reports filed by law enforcement or such organizations as commercial / public property owners, private security, etc.
- Help you obtain medical records of treatment you received after your accident, which are used as evidence in a claim.
- Maintain a modernized database of your claim records and reports to ensure that all evidence related to your accident and injuries is readily available.
- Advise insurers, creditors and other parties connected to your accident of our representation of you in an impending or ongoing legal claim. This “notice of representation” directs their questions and concerns to us instead of you.
- Respond to your phone calls and emails the same day we receive them, including on weekends.
- Answer questions directly and keep you fully abreast of the status of your claim from start to finish.
- Fully explain any settlement offers received, provide our best opinions and advice, and leave any decisions about accepting or rejecting a settlement fully up to you.
- Perform all legal work on a contingency-fee basis, which means we do not charge a legal fee unless we obtain compensation for you.
Additionally, in the preparation of a personal injury claim, we consult outside experts to strengthen the case. This includes medical experts to explain the extent of your injuries and prospects for recovery and, as necessary, accident reconstruction specialists, financial experts who calculate long-term losses, and life care planners who project the future needs of disabled accident victims.
We work as efficiently as possible, but do not rush to settle claims. We are committed to developing solid cases that explain your accident and injuries, and what is required to make you financially whole. Then we fight fiercely for every bit of compensation you deserve.
Accidents & Injuries Hausmann-McNally, S.C., Can Help With in Ohio
If you have been seriously injured in an accident in Ohio, Hausmann-McNally, S.C., wants you to be fully and properly compensated for your losses. Contact us for assistance with:
- Fire / Burn Injuries
- Dog Attacks
- Industrial Accidents
- Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
- Wrongful Death
Hausmann-McNally, S.C., is a full-service personal injury law firm serving Ohio and the Midwest with the depth of resources necessary to handle the most complex personal injury claims. Our team includes 16 personal injury lawyers and a skilled staff of many investigators, damage specialists, paralegals, legal secretaries and other support personnel.
Compensation Available in Ohio Personal Injury Claims
After an accident, an insurance adjuster may contact you and offer a settlement. However, adjusters work for the insurance company and adjusters want to settle claims for as little as possible.
Quickly offered settlements are based on the insurer’s past experience with accidents and injuries similar to yours. They are estimates that cannot take into account your specific costs and losses, particularly those that may not be realized until several weeks or months after your accident.
A personal injury claim handled by Hausmann-McNally, S.C., would account for all of your costs and losses, and seek an appropriate settlement.
Under Ohio law, a personal injury claim may seek compensation for:
- Compensatory damages, or reimbursement for actual expenses, such as,
- Medical bills
- Repair bills
- Lost wages
- Compensation for intangibles, such as,
- Mental anguish
If an injury is permanent, a jury may award additional damages for disability and loss of future earning power.
A jury may also award punitive damages, also called “exemplary damages,” in cases where the defendant acted in an especially outrageous manner. Punitive damages are used both to punish and to warn other members of the community that such conduct is unacceptable.
As an Ohio jury works to determine the degree to which the defendant should be held responsible for an accident, damages awarded to the plaintiff may be offset by the state’s adherence to the doctrine of comparative negligence. Comparative negligence requires the jury to consider any negligence on the plaintiff’s part, as well.
If the plaintiff bears some responsibility for an accident, the jury will assign a proportion expressed as a percentage (10%, 20%, etc.). Damages awarded would be reduced by the proportion of blame assigned. If the plaintiff is found to bear a majority of responsibility for the accident (51% or more), no damages are awarded.
As your attorneys, Hausmann-McNally, S.C., would work to mitigate the impact of your responsibility for the accident, if any. We would also forcefully counter any false or exaggerated statements that put undue blame for the accident on you.
Statutes of Limitations and Ohio Personal Injury Claims
It is important to contact a personal injury attorney as soon as possible after a serious accident. Developing a strong legal case can be complex and time consuming, but Ohio imposes deadlines on filing personal injury claims.
In most cases, the Ohio statute of limitations on a personal injury claim is two years from the date of injury. However, the law applies many variables, such as allowing for when certain injuries were realized. Depending on the claim, determining the applicable statute of limitations may be complicated in itself.
If a client has waited several months after an accident to contact an attorney and opposing insurers or attorneys realize that a statute of limitations deadline looms, it is easy for them to drag their feet and potentially stop a claim from moving forward.
Don’t waste time and potentially forego compensation you deserve. Contact Hausmann-McNally, S.C., today.
Our Ohio Personal Injury Claim Team Can Help Today
For more than 30 years, Hausmann-McNally, S.C. has prosecuted all types of personal injury cases on behalf of clients and has recovered millions of dollars for the injured and their families. We have the depth of knowledge and resources to successfully pursue a claim for you or your injured love one.
Let the attorneys and staff at Hausmann-McNally, S.C., handle the legal issues required to obtain a proper insurance payment for you as you focus on your health and recovery. We’ll fight to obtain maximum compensation and financial security for you.
Contact us today for a free, no-obligation initial discussion of your accident and legal options. We have Ohio offices in Columbus, Cleveland, Dayton, Toledo and Cincinnati, or we can come to your location to meet with you.